Pages

Monday, March 19, 2018

I AM...

My I AM POEM

I AM LASA
I am a Sporty Tongan Boy.
I wonder if I am good enough to play for the Tongan rugby team.
I hear the sounds of the whistle.
I see the try line ahead.
I want to claim the victory.
I am a Sporty Tongan Boy.
I pretend I am the best.
I feel all alone.
I touch the grips of the ball.
I worry if we win.
I cry for a win.
I am a Sporty Tongan Boy.
I understand our fails.
I say “Let’s move on”.
I dream of playing for Tonga.
I try to be the best.
I hope that one day all my hard work would pay off.

I am a Sporty Tongan Boy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lasa

    My name is Kerri and I am a teacher at Parkview School which is part of the Te Arahura cluster on the Eastern side of Christchurch. I am also Kalib's aunty (from your league team) so I have seen you play league most weeks when I am on the sideline watching Kalib play! I really like your poem because it gives me an insight into how you feel when you play. I would never have guessed that you feel alone and worry because I think you are an amazing player! If you keep putting in the huge effort to your training, tackling and 'hard yards' running, I'm sure you will end up playing for Tonga one day! Which sport do you prefer - league or rugby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lasa great work this really shows who you are and what you like I like how it explains what u would like to do and succeed in your life

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about