Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

The life in WW1.

W.A.L.T describe what life was like for men and women in WW1 through a diary entry.

17th September 1917

The war is terrible because we have to dig trenches day and night. It is frustrating because of the rocks, rats and flies.  It is really hard to sleep because it is really hard to know what is going to happen tomorrow. I was wrong, the paradise and the adventure that I was planning turned into the worst months of my life.  All of the time when we were going to war, the commander shouted out “Go go go”. But it is the worst, but the men are brave as a lions, strong as a gorillas and fast as a cheetahs! We will survive.  
Two days ago I made a friend called Max, and we always play, Who can catch the most  rats? It was awesome at first, but when you keep on playing it you can get bored.  Then he died. If I see his family, I will say that he was a brave warrior.
The food is horrible, stale and moldy. Some of them are getting cigarettes and smoking everyday and that is making them really sick.  Sometimes I hear loud bangs and booms. Crack goes the rifle. I am really frightened. It’s hard to have a good sleep.

Yours sincerely

Atalasa

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Atalasa keep it up! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job, I like were it says "It is frustrating because of the rocks, rats and flies."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malo dear nephew. Nice work. Keep at it and you will be a great writer with an interesting writing style. I like the way you describe life in the trenches as it were in WW1. I could actually pictured it in my mind which makes your journal entry exercise a good read. It seems you are better at this than I when I was your age. Keep up the good work. God bless.☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle, I will try and work harder to make you proud of my work. Thanks for commenting on my blog it made me happy do you have a blog that I can look at Uncle?

      Delete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about