Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

The Setting

So my goal in this activity is to use sensory language to describe a place in a story/narrative.  They gave us 6 ideas but I chose to only do 3.  My choices were:

1. A made-up fantasy land
I awoke in a mysterious land, a whiff of candy floss and candy canes flew up my nostrils.  I opened my eyes and colors shone everywhere...

2.A ghost time in the wild old west
The church, the only place where safety is certain.   A statue of the Lord leads our hope, the sheriff commands us to kneel, to pray and so everyone becomes a saint.  

3. School at Hornby
In a room full of students, fresh oxygen flies through the windows.  Eyes blooming towards the instructor and my mind focused on work.  Maybe it's just another ordinary day at school...

1 comment:

  1. Good attempt dear nephew. First story was well written. Perhaps you could revise the other two and use more descriptive metaphors. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about