Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Clay Masters

As I said before we are making stop motions using clay figures.  My group is concentrating on three main characters, homeless man, Little girl and finally the dad of the girl.  We were talking about the right colours to use.

We came up with the father wearing a pink T-Shirt so far.  We are still on the urge to do so much more but for the starting, I think that we are doing just fine.

The only thing that my group and I are struggling on is trying to make the figure big enough.  When we get that out of the way all that we need to focus on then is how much work we do in a certain amount of time.

This is my story on Manakitanga for our stop motion:

I went on a walk with my mum as usual because that is what we always do.  As we were walking we saw multiple homeless men with no food.  This made my skin crawl because I was used to houses with luxury.

My mother asked if I wanted ice cream, this does not usually happen so I was full of joy and was overwhelmed with joy.  I started hopping and jumping and even dancing to my favourite track in my head.  But she didn’t stop she said “son ice cream or help the homeless man.”

I then took a second to think, although I did not want to help him and selfishly have the ice cream I did not want my mum to see me as a bad person.  So I continued to think I then paused.

I knew that the right thing was to help the man because I know that I can get it another ice cream.  But he may not I gave him money.  I learnt that you need to share what you have or else you do not have true happiness.

Although I really wanted to have the Cookies ‘n’ cream with flaming hot Cheetos with pickled onion rings, I had to help the homeless man.  After saying this I have learnt that Manaakitanga made a change in another man's life.  So it's better to get something that lasts than a little ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about