Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

My Passion Project

This Term I have been working on a passion project (Stone Carving). I have been trying to make a Koru but, I always try I break it.  I have also been planning what I am going to make for my Oamaru Stone Carving.  I drew a Moari fish hook with some islander designs in it.  It is awesome that I am working on stone carving but it is surprisingly hard. Here is some of my planning (Unfinished).

I think that I am going to have a blast at stone carving.  It is sometimes frustrating that because it takes a long time to finish but I know at the end it will work out. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lasa!

    I am impressed at the commitment you showed at the end of the day to get your blog post up. You offered some great information and I like how you told us some of your experiences with stone carving.

    If you stick with it, and do your best every time, I am sure you will be able to create a great piece of stone art.

    What do you find most difficult about the carving? I find that using the chisel and mallet is tricky to knock off the right pieces so it doesn't break.

    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about