Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

No Destination (SLJ)

Kia Ora and welcome to my blog.
Today I am going to be imagining that I have been selected to go on a trip to wherever in the pacific ocean.  You get to select 10 foods.  Also, you are going to keep in mind that you do not have any access to any kind of fridge or freezer and that you are out for three weeks.

In my opinion, I think that we are going to need a lot of canned foods as they last for a long period of time. I am also going to tell you a little bit about why I have selected these items.  I will think that they can also cook on their canoes.
This is what I came up with...
  • Fish
I chose fish because you are surrounded by it why not eat it
  • Corned Beef (Can)
I like Corn Beef and if it fits in a can I know that it will last long
  • Kumara
I choose Kumara because it has a nice taste and because it is healthy.
  • Tuna (Can)
I chose Tuna because we need a backup food
  • Baked Beans (Can)
I chose baked beans because it is really healthy and it holds a lot of protein
  • Fruits
I choose fruits because they last long. (Depends on the fruit)
  • Vegetables
I think that vegetables are a need so we should keep in mind that we need healthy foods aswell
  • Rice
Rice will be needed because it will taste
  • Porridge 
This will be a nice and simple dish to eat every morning
  • Chips ( Sealed)
Chips because they taste nice :)

Thank you for your time, I would like to end this with a couple questions...
Do you think that I need anything more?
Do you like my list?
What would you take?
Have a great day

2 comments:

  1. Bula Lasa,

    Well done on completing your first Summer Learning Journey activity. I look forward to reading your posts over the summer holidays.

    Do you think you would enjoy going on a sailing trip for 3 weeks? I think it would be OK if I had someone going with me. Who would you take with you if you could pick someone?

    You have picked some great foods that won't go bad to take on a trip that long. Make sure you take a can opener for that canned food. Chips are yum, what kind of chips are your favourite?

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Namastae Emma, I think that going on a sailing trip for three weeks will be a challenge that I would be up for. If I got to take anyone I would take my whole family. Also my favourite chips are Prawn Flavored chips or Kumara Chips.

      Thank you for commenting

      Delete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about