Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Can you be someones beacon of hope? (SLJ)

Kia Ora,  Welcome to my blog for this activity we had to research a charity.  We had these options SPCA, Aukland City Mission, Air Rescue and finally OXFAM.  I chose Aukland City Mission before I tell you about this let us ask ourselves this.  

What is Charity?

Charity is an organization set up to help those in need.  They do all kinds of things they might make food for the homeless or fundraise for more buildings for the homeless and much more.  Charity basically means a group of people wanting to help those that are unfortunate.  They also expect no profit or nothing in return.

What does Aukland City Mission do?


Now that we know a little about what Charity means let's find out what Aukland City Mission does for those who are in need.  They do Crisis Services, Homeless Services, Elderly Services, Distribution Services, Drug and Alcohol Services and, Health Services.  But I will be focusing on the Homeless Services.  They help the homeless by giving them food and helping them with their Finacial issues and much more.

Thank you for reading my blog.  Before you do anything I would like to ask that you may do one thing to help out someone in need.  It can be as simple and dropping a coin into a tin or giving them some fresh food.  Thank you for your time.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Atalasa,

    Mikey here. Well done on completing another activity! You're doing a great job. :)

    I really like how you've explained what a charity is at the beginning of your post - that's super helpful for people that might not know. Auckland City Mission does an amazing job, don't they? I didn't realise just how many different services they offered. Is there an organisation like this in Christchurch?

    Also, I just wanted to let you know that over Christmas and New Years the Summer Learning Journey blog commenters won't be online as often as we have been so don't worry if you don't hear from us for a little while. Emma and Gabe will be working a little bit over this time and they'll try to comment on as many of your posts as they can so please keep sharing all of your amazing Summer Learning Journey activity posts. I'll be back on the 6th of January and I'm looking forward to checking out all of your posts then. :)

    Have a safe and merry Christmas, Atalasa.

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mikey, I also believe that they are doing an amazing job in Aukland. I did a little research on other organizations in Christchurch. I found out that we have our own "City Mission." They do a lot of similar stuff as Aukland. I think that it is good that they are, in my words "giving hope" to the homless.

      Thank you for commenting on my blog.

      Delete
    2. Hi Lasa! And Happy New Year! :)

      I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and you're enjoying your summer holidays. Have you been up to anything exciting over the last couple of weeks?

      Oh, that's great to hear. Thank you for putting in a little extra time and effort to look into that. I think you're right; it's wonderful that there are so many organisations and people in our country who are willing to help the less fortunate.

      Have a great afternoon, Lasa. I hope to hear from you soon. :)

      Bye for now,

      Mikey

      Delete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about