Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2019

National Young Leaders Day

Last week on Thursday we went to a cool thing called National Young Leaders day held at Horncastle Arena.  It was a great experience to watch role models talk, the speech that I enjoyed the most Sala Tiatia.  I felt like I somehow connected with him his talk was something that I could apply to my own life.  He once taught us to listen to our pain,  he used an example upon himself.  He said that they played rugby and he injured his arm in a tackle,  he said that he didn't listen to his arm and he continued playing which made it even worse.  So he said that we should listen to our pain and to not continue playing when you are injured.  In my opinion, I think that he was mainly talking about trying not to be the "cool guy."

My favourite part was watching the skit that Ronnie Taulofomade about him being an "Ordinary Island Guy."  He was singing the song from Moana, Your Welcome.  If you didn't realize already he is the guy from What Now!  He talked about his early life and what molded him to the man he is today.  I found out things that I did not know before.

If I had the chance I would definitely do this again.  It was a great experience coming to national young leaders day.  I would rate this 10/10.  Thank you for listening and bye.
Photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about