Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

My P.E learning story


Title: P.E Hurumanu Learning Story                  
Name: Lasa
Teachers: Miss Simpsonn
Date: 12/08/19
VALUES / SKILLS
Year 8 Graduate Profile
Highlight the parts of the Profile you are now doing on a regular basis
Commitment 
Achievement 
Resilience 
Respect 
Skills
In your reflection think about how you displayed the CARR values
and what curriculum skills you learnt. 
People Smart
  • I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
  • I can work successfully with others
  • I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
  • I act responsibly even when no one is watching
  • I can give useful feedback to others
  • I take responsibility for my own actions
  • I am an outstander – I choose to help others who are having a difficult time 
Active Learner
  • I am a curious learner – I ask questions
  • I use feedback to improve my learning
  • I have a growth mindset
  • I know what my next steps are
  • I share my ideas and point of view with different people
Learning Smart
  • I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
  • I complete my work in the time I’m given
  • I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
  • I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
  • I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do
Thinking Smart
  • I can reflect on my learning
  • I understand others’ opinions and ideas
  • I can think critically
  • I can think creatively 
Cyber Smart
  • I use the internet and devices in a safe way
  • I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
  • I can use digital tools creatively
  • I can use digital tools for different purposes
What we did:
  • Tapu Ae
For Tapu Ae, we did a lot of communicating and it was a good time for team work.  We came up with new strategies for us to hit the cones.
  • Fitness Testing
In the sit and reach test, we have to sit down with no shoes and reach out and push the piece of wood as far as we can while we are keeping our leg straight.  This was hard for me for I had very long legs.

In the abdominal conditioning test, we had to do as many sit-ups as we can in 30 seconds.  I did 21, it was very hard but I still tried my hardest. 

In the grip strength, it was easy at the start but as you keep going it will be harder.  I did 45 squeezes in 30 seconds. It was an alright attempt but I still thank that I can do way better.

Finally, in the beep test, we ran a lot and I got a whopping 8.5 and in my last test I got 7.1  This was an amazing experience to challenge myself in running.
  • Bench ball
In bench ball, we did a lot of passing.  I kept on hitting the ball from the people who are trying to catch it for fun.  That means my team had a lot of communication because we never lose.
  • Multi-Sport
Multisport all that we did was play four sports in one game which was fun.
  • Dodgeball
Dodgeball was great for your reflexes.  I enjoyed it because I created a competition with my friends.
  • Crash Pad Cricket
This was a fun game because I had the chance to hit the ball as fast as I could and run from place to place.
  • Hurumanu Maintenance challenge
The challenge was also a great thing because it was not too hard but not too easy.  The skill that was used the most was being able to find the answer.
  • Blogging
Blogging was easy and simple because all we did was rewrite what we have done in P.E So we can share it with the world
What I learned:
  • To talk with the team
  • Come up with new solutions
  • How to target
  • Communicate
  • Maths
  • Passing
  • Working with a team
What I enjoyed:
I enjoyed P.E overall because of the running and doing physical stuff.  Also, the maths was easy because the answers were aldready there, all we had to do was find it.  We also learnt how to do Circumference, Perimeter and what Pi is(3.14). I had a superb time I hope to do P.E the exact same or like the one I just did.   If I could change something that would be to change how long I did it for.
What I found difficult:
The only thing that I found difficult in my opinion was the beep test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about